Author: Nicky Jackson, Marketing Campaign Manager, MCA
During this Coronavirus pandemic we have seen how it can devastate countries and leave thousands of critically sick patients overfilling hospitals and facilities. The health and safety measures taken by healthcare workers and civilians such as wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) like masks, gloves and eye protection in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 has caused a massive shortage worldwide. We are also facing shortages of hospital beds, respirators, ventilators, ventilator accessories, nurses, doctors and paramedics because of the exponential growing numbers of cases.
Each of these items are absolutely necessary to combat the spread of COVID-19 and to mitigate the potentially deadly outcome. When faced with this shortage it is encouraging to see individuals, businesses and organizations stepping up to fill in the gap by producing the needed supplies and even by innovating and creating new life saving devices.
We’re all in this together. It takes every person working together and doing their part to stop this virus from spreading and to ensure that we all have the supplies, the tools and the manpower needed.
Look what happens when we all pitch in:
- Drive through testing facilities around the U.S.
- Temporary medical sites have popped up across the U.S. from unused floors in hospitals and converted arenas and office buildings to offshore medical ships.
- Hospital staff members in Maine sewing gowns in a conference room
- Doctors in South Carolina created a ventilator expansion that allows a single ventilator to support up to four patients
- Several breweries/distilleries converted their site to produce sanitizer
- Gerber is producing masks, labels other PPE and is teaching other manufacturers how to produce them
- Joann Fabrics is donating supplies and guidance on making cotton face masks
- Ford Motor Company is helping to build respirators and ventilators
The Mobile Communications America (MCA) family is honored to have been identified as an essential service provider so we may continue to supply materials and supply chain services for a variety of sectors including construction, healthcare, and other critical infrastructure. We are here to provide Public Safety and Healthcare facilities critical safety and security solutions. Whether you need temporary or long-term solutions MCA can provide immediate deployment with a no hassle, turn-key solution that fits your unique needs. If you would like to find out the best solutions for your unique situation call an MCA Representative today 800-596-8205.